Monday, May 11, 2009

What We Have Been Up To

This past week was a very busy week for me as you can probably tell since I haven't blogged since the 1st of May.  Well this is what we have been up too.  To start, I ended up having one of the kids that I watch Mon-Fri from 6am-5:30pm. instead of the Tues/Wed schedule that I usually have, plus the other 2 kids I had at different times throughout the week.  It  just made for a crazy week and limited schedule.  On Thursday the 7th was my Birthday.  Steve made me a delicious dinner with my favorite wine. Throughout the week I got lots of yard work/gardening done while kids were napping or playing .  I got some new plants from Steve's mom the weekend before so I had to get my flower beds ready so I could put them in before they got too wilty   We cut down two big ugly cedar trees that were on each side of our house and planted a hydrangea and type of peony shrub?? in place of the overgrown trees.
Saturday morning we woke the kids bright and early to go downtown because Steve was running in the Soleburner.  Unfortunately it wasn't the the sunny 70 degree weather that we had, had on Friday.  Instead it was rainy and in the 40's.  Steve enjoyed the run and the kids like to watch Daddy go through the finish line.  After the race we walked to Starbucks and got hot coco and coffee and then hit a few garage sales and the greenhouse to get a some plants.  On Sunday Steve made lunch and we worked outside in the yard, made a trip to Menard's and stopped at Culver's on the way home for dinner.  I am very ready to start a new week and hope to enjoy it a little more than last week.



                                                    
  Laura enjoying her Birthday dinner.


                                                                Steve before his race


Steve after his race

.
Starbucks after the race

.
Rylee and Kenai snuggling Sunday Morning.















     

No comments:

Post a Comment