Friday, March 4, 2011

Coupon Queen

So I went to the grocery store yesterday and it got me thinking. I am such a coupon freak.! I love getting the Sunday paper so I can get my scissors out and cut it all up to little pieces and then file them away in my handy little coupon holder. Then the day I get to get them back out and maybe combine with a great sale or even better yet combine a Manufacturer and Store Coupon and possibly get something for free or super cheap, that is the best feeling. I have been known to save $20 with coupons alone at Target or even more if it is double coupon day at the grocery store. Oh, the excitement of looking at the receipt and thinking " Well done Laura".

The whole idea is rather ridiculous though. Me wasting all this time clipping, clipping, searching ( on the computer) printing, clipping, printing, searching clipping, filing. Wow that exhausts me just thinking about it. Oh and then there is me with my kids in the grocery store, searching, searching for the coupons in my handy little coupon file while holding my one year old in the cart because she now likes to wiggle out of the straps and jump out of the cart or reach in the back of the cart and pull out anything with in her reach and throw it out of the cart which causes me to CONSTANTLY , stop and pick it up and put it back in. On top of that I usually have a hand full of coupons in my other hand along with my grocery list and ad. All this causing me to drop at least one good coupon which I then have to go on a treasure hunt throughout the store until I find it. Of course, I am still doing all this with one hand on the baby so she doesn't go overboard and corralling the 4 year old from disappearing or putting any unwanted Pop tarts or candy in the cart.

I am sure if someone followed me around the store I would be very good entertainment. I wouldn't even know they were following me because I would be too busy cleaning cheerio's up out of the middle of aisle 5!

Pretty ridiculous! Of course this wont stop me from wading through the snow in my jammies on Sunday morning to pull the Sunday paper out of the snowbank in my front yard!

1 comment:

  1. You ARE the coupon queen! I try to price match and do some coupons... but your right, its A LOT of work! Some weeks I'm so busy that I don't even try, and others I love it! It really can save money and it seems like a stay-at-home Mom's way of "contributing"!! Good for you Laura :) -Holly

    ReplyDelete