Saturday, January 22, 2011

Le' French Toast


This morning for breakfast I did my best at creating the best french toast from one of my favorite restaurants, Plum Hill Cafe. Here is the recipe for my version of:

Le' French Toast

4 eggs
1 cup of milk
1 tsp sugar
a couple dashes of vanilla ( sorry I don't always measure)
cinnamon ( to sprinkle on after on the griddle)
Store bought croissants ( got mine from Sam's Club)

Mix the eggs, milk,sugar and dashes of vanilla in a bowl. Warm of the griddle and melt some butter around. Dip the croissants in the egg mixture and place on the griddle. I then sprinkled each croissant with cinnamon and cooked on both sides till golden.

I then topped mine with raspberries from our garden this past summer and U.P. blueberries that my Dad picked. YUM!

It is also good with pure maple syrup, but if you are like me and didn't get a chance to get out and tap any maple trees this past spring then Mrs. Butter's Worth works just fine too!
Enjoy

1 comment: