Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Busy Day

          I am looking forward to tonight when I get to crawl into bed and know this busy day is past me. Today started off with me waking up at 5:15 so I could get a shower in because there is no other way I would get one.  I have all three of the three kids I babysit for coming today, the first one at 6am.  The other at 7a and the last one I picked up on my way home from walking the girls to school.  I am now drinking a cup of coffee and just ate my breakfast.  Gray woke up drenched, his pull-up did not hold all it needed too so instead of me getting to eat breakfast I had to give him a bath.  So now I am sipping my coffee and writing this while the kids are playing peacefully around me.  I better hurry and finish because it won't last long.  
          Today is a big day for the girls because I am letting them walk the 4 1/2 block from school all by themselves.  I am a bit nervous, but I thought today would be a good day to try it so I won't have to wake three sleeping kids from there naps to go and pick them up.  We have been practicing and I am sure they will do fine.  I told Havens teacher this morning and she is so sweet, she said she would wait a little bit to leave after school and drive the route they will be walking just to make sure they are okay.  She is such great teacher!
          I am making nachos and applesauce for dinner for Steve and the kids because as soon as the 2 extra kid's leave around 5:30 I have to jump in the car and drive to another town where I will be doing a pampered chef party at 6:30.  I am hoping the kids nap okay so I can get my stuff ready while they are sleeping and take a chance to change my cloths and look in the mirror to make sure I don't look to scary! or like I have been chasing after 4+ kids all day.  
    I am sure the day will fly by and tomorrow will be lots better.

1 comment: